Sunday, September 30, 2012

RIP Soldier

It has been a rough day for our family, as well as our Army family.
The 173rd lost two soldiers yesterday, one of which was in my husbands company and whose wife is also my FRG leader.
It's so heartbreaking to see how quickly a family can be torn apart, I pray for his family - that they may find peace in The Lord and the strength to get through this difficult time.
There are days where I don't actively worry about my husbands safety, and then there are days where I'm almost certain there is just no way he'll make it home to us. I've had a few people tell me I'm extremely cold when it comes to a deployment but it's just how I present myself. I can't do anything except offer my husband and his battle buddies support when they need it. If I spent my time giving in to my fears then my children would suffer, my marriage would suffer, I would suffer. So instead I come off cool to some, when in fact it's just how I keep myself from falling apart.
I can't fight this fight for my husband, all I can do is remind him that his family is waiting for him. We love him, and we cannot wait to have him home again.

No comments:

Post a Comment